Sunday 2 October 2011

Kraftin' Kimmies Challenge 98: Paper piecing

This week the challenge over at Kraftin' Kimmies challenge blog is
to use paper piecing somewhere on your creations!!!  I LOVE paper piecing!  Hope you do too!!  We'd love to see how you use it with our stamps, so if you join our challenge this week, you could be the random winner of the stamp featured on Nicole's gorgeous card!
I just love paper piecing, so many of Kimmie's stamps lend themselves beautifully to it.  On this occasion I decided to use Lavender the Quilter.  Many of my family members are quilters, so I thought I'd get ahead and make a holiday card.

I took a 6 x 6" card and die cut an aperture using Nestabilities labels 22.  I stamped Lavender onto the cut out piece and coloured her with copics.  I use My minds eye papers from Jolly Holly collection to paper piece, and to add a background.  I like these papers they have a real touch of nostalgia.

I buffed tea dye distress ink around the aperture, and the edge of the cut out.  Looking back I wish I had used a different colour.  Never mind eh.
The sentiment is by Whimsy stamps, the ribbon, and thimble charm were from my craft cupboard.

Hope you like it.
Jennie


Inside 


No comments:

Post a Comment